I’m never startled never shaken and I always stir up trouble when I go places
I kick up dust when I leave but they’ve always told me to kick rocks
Instead I live like an avalanche of boulders like a tumbling hail storm during the harvest season that causes a shortage of crops
My flow’s nicer than Thor’s golden locks
But I'm just a stringless violin told I'll never be a part of the orchestra
I sometimes question the reason for my existence
I’m reckless but not wreck less
There are many scratches and dents on this automobile of flesh and bones
Nothings worse than feeling like you don’t belong
Like you don’t even got a home, I live on the road, the Road to Zion
I've got a carburetor in my cranium and as long as there’s drive in my chest then Ima ride on
It’s always nighttime but my lights off
I don’t need them to see where I’m going I’m going to where the bright lights are
That’s why I always bleed my heart out onto the paper when I write songs
That’s why I always rhyme on till my saliva’s gone past when my throat’s sore even when the mic's off
But when I lay my head to sleep I dream of seven seven headed beasts seven days a week
My heart pounds like the rumbling of thunder sweat pours off me like rain makes my clothes moist I can’t move as if held by bolts
I’m alone, but I don’t know if it was my choice or yours
I look around it’s a nice day, sunny, shows how dilapidated the buildings are, funny, just like my soul
I feel the fabric of my shirt, its devoid of fluid, huh who knew a stringless violin could make such beautiful music
No comments:
Post a Comment
I've just returned to blogging after a four-year break and would love your support and encouragement as I continue my blogging journey! Let me know what you think and if you'd like to see more of something!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.